MIA designs winning playbook for Super Bowl LIV departures
(MIAMI, February 2, 2020) – To help Super Bowl LIV travelers kick off their departure from Miami after the game and score touch-downs in their home cities, Miami International Airport has designed its Countdown to Takeoff Playbook for Monday, February 3 – projected to be a record-high day for departing passengers at the airport:
- 5 hours before departure, check out of your hotel.
- 4 hours before departure, start making your way to the airport. Request your taxi, shuttle, ride app, take public transportation or return your rental car.
- 3 hours before departure, check in at your ticket counter.
- 2 hours before departure, proceed to the TSA security checkpoint.
- 1 hour before departure, arrive at your gate, relax, and have a great flight.
Extra-point travel tips:
- All ride app passengers will be dropped off at the MIA Rental Car Center (RCC) from 4 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Monday, February 3. After being dropped off at the RCC, passengers will take the MIA Mover for a two-minute people mover ride to the MIA Station, located on the airport’s third level.
- To accommodate for the projected passenger increase, the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) checkpoints will provide extended hours of operation and an increased number of lanes for TSA PreCheck™.
- The CLEAR accelerated screening service will be available at the Concourse E, H and J1 checkpoints.
- If one of your personal items gets sidelined in MIA’s Lost and Found office, you can report it online or by calling toll-free.
- Don’t let the TSA call a personal foul on your Super Bowl LIV commemorative program. Don’t pack your program in your checked luggage. It is made of material that may alert the TSA screening machines. To get through the checkpoint quicker, take the program out of your carry-on and place it in its own bin.
To request materials in accessible format, Sign Language Interpreters, CART services and/or any accommodation to participate in any Miami-Dade Aviation Department (MDAD) public meetings and events please email the ADA Office at ADAcoordinator@miami-airport.com or call the office in 305-876-7747 five days in advance to initiate your request. Persons who are deaf or hard of hearing may also call 711 (Florida Relay Service).