UPDATE: Miami International Airport Hurricane Irma Information
Below is the latest information regarding the effect of Hurricane Irma on Miami International Airport:
- Passenger and cargo flights at Miami International Airport resumed today on a limited basis, beginning with an American Airlines flight from Seattle at 7:06 a.m.
- MIA's first departure today is American Airlines flight to Las Vegas which departed at 9:05 a.m.
- MIA is scheduled to operate about 30 percent of its usual number of flights today, and will see that percentage increase daily until it reaches full operations - possibly by this weekend.
- Given that many airlines are not operating their full schedule of flights, passengers should contact their airline to confirm their flight’s status before coming to the airport.
- The Miami Rental Car Center is now open.
- Miami-Opa locka Executive Airport is now open.
- Miami Executive Airport is open, but the FAA tower is currently closed for damage assessment. Flights are operating with pilot-to-pilot communication.
- Miami-Homestead General Aviation Airport is now open, but the Dade-Collier Training and Transition Airport remains closed.
- For the latest updates about airport operations, airport users should follow MIA on Twitter @iflymia.
Miami International Airport offers more flights to Latin America and the Caribbean than any other U.S. airport, is America’s third-busiest airport for international passengers, boasts a lineup of more than 100 air carriers and is the top U.S. airport for international freight. MIA, along with its general aviation airports, is also the leading economic engine for Miami-Dade County and the state of Florida, generating business revenue of $33.7 billion annually and welcoming 70 percent of all international visitors to Florida. MIA’s vision is to grow from a recognized hemispheric hub to a global airport of choice that offers customers a world-class experience and an expanded route network with direct passenger and cargo access to all world regions. MIA is committed to sustainable practices. Learn more at www.MIAefficiency.com. For up-to-the-minute departure and arrival information, airport maps and details on shopping, dining, transportation and more, visit www.miami-airport.com. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.