Headed to Super Bowl LIV? MIA has travel tips
With the majority of Super Bowl LIV ticketholders projected to travel through Miami International Airport, passenger traffic at the airport is expected to be above average on the three days prior to and the day after Super Bowl Sunday. The busiest day is expected to be Monday, February 3, when more than 90,000 passengers are projected to depart from MIA, which would be a single-day record for departures at the airport. Below are some tips to make traveling through MIA easier:
- Ride app pickup zones are located on the Arrivals Level (1) at the middle median outside of doors 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 11, 15, 20 and 23.
- Hotel shuttle bus pick-up zones are also on the Arrivals Level, at these locations on the outside median.
- For family and friends picking up travelers, MIA’s cell phone waiting lot is located near the entrance to the airport at LeJeune Road and N.W. 31st Street, accessible from LeJeune Road northbound or southbound. Parking on the shoulders of MIA’s roadways or other restricted areas is strictly prohibited and subject to a fine.
- Human trafficking activity tends to increase during major sports events like the Super Bowl. MIA is partnering with It’s a Penalty and The Women’s Fund Miami-Dade to help airport users and employees recognize the signs of human trafficking. For more information about the campaign or to get involved, go to https://itsapenalty.org/2020-miami/.
- For these tips and more, visit MIA’s Countdown to Takeoff Playbook.
Miami International Airport offers more flights to Latin America and the Caribbean than any other U.S. airport, is America’s third-busiest airport for international passengers, boasts a lineup of more than 100 air carriers and is the top U.S. airport for international freight. MIA, along with its general aviation airports, is also the leading economic engine for Miami-Dade County and the state of Florida, generating business revenue of $31.9 billion annually and welcoming nearly 60 percent of all international visitors to Florida. MIA’s vision is to grow from a recognized hemispheric hub to a global airport of choice that offers customers a world-class experience and an expanded route network with direct passenger and cargo access to all world regions. MIA is committed to sustainable practices. Learn more at www.MIAefficiency.com.